Data Protection Policy

The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK version of new EU regulations called the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). As the principles of the changes to data protection legislation are in UK law (introduced 25th May 2018), they will apply after the UK leaves the EU.

The Act affects how PJL Healthcare Ltd manages personal data of staff, residents and other people/organisations it collects data about. It affects what data we can ask you to give us, how we store it, how we protect it, when we have to delete it, how quickly we have to respond if someone wants to see all of the personal data that we store about them, the circumstances under which we are allowed to share it and telling you if we do share your data. It makes sure that personal data that goes through a new technology is as well protected as data in old technologies or as well as the data stored as printed sheets in a filing cabinet. It introduces tougher fines for non-compliance and breaches, and it gives people the right to choose some aspects of what organisations can do with their data.

To find out more about the new law from the website of the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) – click here


A Privacy Notice is a generalised statement of what data we collect and hold about you. It also contains the legal reasons why we are allowed to hold that data and the reasons why we have to share some of that data. In addition, if you have given consent for photography/digital images, it tells you what these are used for and what your legal rights are:

Job Applicants Privacy Notice.
Staff Privacy Notice.
Ex-Staff Privacy Notice.
Children and Young People Privacy Notice.
Visitors Privacy Notice.
Website Privacy Notice.

Data Retention Schedule

To see the data retention periods for personal data, please see the Data Retention Schedule.

Individual Rights Requests

To make an individual rights request, please use the form:

Individual Rights Request Form.

Please send your completed form to

Subject Access Requests

To make a subject Access Request, please use the form:

Subject Access Request Form.

Please send your completed form to