We are incredibly proud of our excellent facilities that we have at Mayfield. The facilities that we boast here at Mayfield House include:
- Grounds of just under two acres
- A vegetable patch providing fresh fruit and vegetables for the Home and an opportunity for the children and young people to experience gardening
- A cinema room with a sound system for parties
- A sensory room with special lighting and seating – this provides space for the young people to enjoy lights and sounds with relaxing, low arousal, calming effects.
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- A creative arts centre
- A large outdoor playing area with a range of outdoor toys
- A sensory garden with a water feature
Mayfield Children’s Home is located in the village of Mayfield, East Sussex in grounds of just under two acres.
The home is divided into five homely, self-contained houses. The philosophy of Mayfield Children’s Home is to create a home where the individual needs of each and every child and young person can be met in a caring environment whilst benefiting from the overall facilities offered by Mayfield Children’s Home and the ability to socialise in larger groups from time to time.
A ground floor house with three single bedrooms, one bathroom, a lounge, a large kitchen and a separate dining room.
On the ground and first floor adjoining Poppy and has three single bedrooms, one bathroom, a lounge and a kitchen on the ground floor.
A house with two single bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen and a lounge.
A house with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a lounge, a dining room, a large kitchen and a separate activity room. (This house is used for short breaks).
Located at the front of the Mayfield site, this house has two bedrooms (one on the ground floor and one on the first floor), one bathroom, a kitchen, lounge and dining room. (This is a newly renovated house, used for short breaks).